Doyle Shipping Group is committed to conducting our business in line with industry best practices and standards.
As a family-owned business it is important to us that our business activities are conducted in a socially responsible manner and have a positive societal impact.
We meet our responsibilities through compliance with relevant legislation, applying appropriate national and international standards and establishing management control systems.
Our sustainability strategy is centered around the United Nations sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S). The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with our senior management team and all employees throughout the company.
Our goals align with the UN sustainability goals (SDG’S) and cover the three main areas of impact economic, environmental, and social. Whilst all the sustainability goals are important, we have identified and will focus on the goals where we can have the most positive impact.
DSG are committed to support the health and wellbeing of all our employees and the wider stakeholder community.
- We provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- We provide mental health support for employees through mental health first aiders and professional counselling services.
- We run regular health campaign focusing on a variety of health and wellness related and health screening topics.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all employee’s development and will continue to work to ensure gender equality within our workforce.
In order to reduce our impact on the environment
- DSG are committed to sustainable procurement and where applicable will include sustainability criteria as an evaluation category in tenders.
- We are committed to banning single use plastics by 2023.
- DSG are working with our partner to develop renewable energy sources on appropriate sites and where possible to recycling or reusing raw materials and water across the group with the goal of creating circular service.
- DSG are committed to providing a net zero carbon service. Our first step is for all Departments and companies within the group to calculate their carbon footprint and create a base line from which we can create carbon reduction goals.
- DSG are committed to protecting life below water, we have installed oil spill kits in area of operation.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region to help create a positive impact. We assist local sports teams, tidy towns, and clean up campaigns, as well as a variety of children’s charities including the Children’s Grief Centre, and array of additional worthy charities that have an impact on our employees and our local communities.
- We are committed to getting involved with environmental regeneration projects and strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Environmental and Sustainability policies.
- We work with all of our stakeholders, including customer and suppliers, to assist them to meet both our sustainability goals, and their sustainability goals as we recognise that we all need to work together to achieve a significant and sustainable global impact. We encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.