Dry Docking & Ship Repair
Established in 1853, our ship repair division came to prominence in 1959 when it was known as Verolme Shipyard. The dockyard was purchased by the Doyle Shipping Group in 1995. Our Ship Repair Division provides a complete marine and general engineering service ideally located in Cobh, on the south coast of Ireland.
Our Ship Repair Division provides a complete marine and general engineering service ideally located in Cobh, on the south coast of Ireland.
Strategically located at Rushbrooke, Cobh it is well serviced by road and rail and also has alongside quay and cranage facilities.
Facilities include 75 meters x 20meters machine shop with 20 ton overhead gantry.
This site and division complies with and holds a certification in:
ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System - Issued by NQA
- Emergency repairs at ports in and around Ireland
- Marine Engineer repair teams
- Hull and damage survey spears for classification authorities
- Marine pipework repairs
- Electrical Engineering
- Conversion and Refit support
Cork Dockyard Ltd carry out manufacture, repair and installation for the following:
- Steelwork fabrication/repairs.
- Sub-assemblies in mild steel, aluminium and stainless.
- Hull, Deck and Superstructure repairs/damage survey repairs.
- Pipework Systems: Manufacture, install and repair pipework systems infield steel, galvanized, copper, stainless etc. for plant and machinery, service and product pipe-work.
- New build/marine projects: Fully supported design and build capability for small workboats, fishing vessels, pontoons, barges, passenger vessels, access gangways and walkways.
Our Ship Repair Division offers a full range of engineering services including Turning, Milling, Boring, Slotting, Welding, Folding and Drilling.
- Milling, Slotting, Boring, Turning.
- Lathe capable of 12 meters
- Schiess Horizontal boring & milling machine
- Schiess Double column vertical boring machine
- Stavely lathe
- PBR lathe
- TOS Horizontal milling machine
- Induma Vertical milling machine
As well as the above machines a range of smaller lathes, shaping machines, motorised hacksaw, boring machines, indexing heads, pedestal grinders and surface grinders are available. Also available on site is an in-house shot blasting and painting facility.
Our Ship Repair Division is a fully serviced 44-acre coastal site with onsite engineering facilities.
We provide the renewable energy sector with the ideal location for a logistics base or prototype building and testing.
Strategically located in Cobh, Co. Cork (Latitude: 51° 50’ 56 N, Longitude: 8° 19’ 25 W) the dockyard offers deepwater facilities close to continental Europe’s main shipping lines.